Bodyscape...Late


First and foremost, sorry for being so late with my post this week everyone. I am an active working photographer and it is a really busy time of year for me. I have been shooting and editing for days without end. Don’t get me wrong I love it however it does not leave much time for anything else.

For this weeks photo we have one of my first bodyscape images. I was focusing on the gentle curves of models Little Liz and Shannon Purdy. I place the models head to foot to create a contrast between the stocking colors and placed Shannon in the background so that the viewer would be forced to look at Liz’s curves. Had I place Shannon in the foreground your eye would have naturally gone to Shannon first due to her pail skin tone and you would almost overlook Liz completely. The arch of Liz’s back gives us an implied triangle and the soft curves of the photo act as leading lines.

(Example photo below)
Principals of composition - One of the keys to this being a successful photo is the framing of the models. If we segment the photo into two golden triangles you will notice the strong use of diagonal lines. On the right side of the image Little Liz's foremost nipple connects to the junction of Shannon's leg and buttock on a diagonal line. This junction is located on the intersection of the golden triangle. On the corresponding left side of the photo you will notice the intersection of Little Liz's back to upper buttock is at the intersection of the golden triangle and then connects to Shannon's far shoulder.

Notes on working with two models - When shooting two models together with different skin tones it is important to visualize the placement of the models to create a powerful photo that leads your viewers eye in a way you want. As described above if I had placed Shannon in the foreground your eye would have simply blocked out Liz or just skimmed over her. With careful placement and a little forethought to composition you can create an image that is very pleasing and intriguing to your viewer. 

I am thinking about starting a VLOG and would like to know if any of you would be interested in watching a detailed breakdown of how I view composition in a art nude photo. Please shoot me a message of your thoughts on what kind of content you would love to see in a VLOG. Since I have only recently restarted this blog I have noticed that I have not discussed any rules of composition yet. I will be dedicating my next few posts to some rules of composition I personally focus on. 


Thanks everyone and have a great weekend.








Comments

Popular Posts