Saturday, October 10, 2015

The Art of Nude by JW Purdy Episode 25 - Model shoot Edward Weston inspi...

Welcome back to The Art of Nude. I have to apologize for the long delay in between posts. We celebrated my birthday on the 3rd and my mom came in for a surprise visit. It was very nice having her down even if it was only for the weekend. Regrettably Shannon’s grandmother died on the 2nd and we were handling all of that the best we could. The funeral service was very good and the preacher did a wonderful job.

In this episode we will be shooting with Shannon again for the My Nude Year project. For tonight’s photo we are using Edward Weston’s Nude shot in 1936 as our inspiration. This is a very famous image and was taken after his pepper No. 30 photo shot in the 1920’s. Edward Weston is a great inspiration to me as well as his grandson Kim Weston. I had the please of having Kim as a judge for a worldwide magazine competition a few years ago and he selected my work as third place. I was so honored just to have him look at my work much less give me third place.

Once the My Nude Year project is over I am going to try and look at some of the photographers that inspire me. Edward as well and Kim will be featured on the show with many other people I feel draw to. I may even try to interview a few living photographers that have shaped my vision.

If you haven’t done it yet please sign up for my newsletter. I promise it’s not a bunch of spam stuff. Just follow this link http://eepurl.com/baFaSP

Until next time,

JW Purdy

No comments:

Post a Comment