My Second Nude Year Day 232

Day 232
Looking at tonight's photo without some explanation you would miss the significance of the rocking chair Shannon is leaning on. This old, plain, seemingly irrelevant chair is very important to our family. Way back in 1916 it was used to rock my grandmother to sleep as a baby. Then it was passed down to my mother who rocked me to sleep in it. Then, as you might have expected, it was passed down to me to rock my children to sleep. Now, within the next couple of years, it will be passed down to one of our children to lull the next generation to pleasant slumber land. So far this chair has been a place to rest weary bones for my family since the 1800s. Five generations have sat in this chair and my hope is the next five will appreciate it as much as I have. 

©JW Purdy All rights reserved

 

There is commentary as well as the images and BTS videos that didn't make today's cut available. Reach out to me for details.

 



Comments

Popular Posts