My Second Nude Year Day 143

 Day 143
Lucky happenstance would be the title of tonight's post if I were to start titling them. I was thinking of a concept for an image and came up with one in which Shannon appeared to be using a Lensatic Compass and map to navigate or at least find a bearing. Shannon went along with my idea without knowing anything about navigation, to be honest. Then as we were shooting I asked her to raise the compass to her eye level so she could see her current bearing. To my delight, this really excited her. She started asking questions about the sighting glass with its lubber line. She suddenly wanted to know more about the compass and was thrilled to learn what you can do with the inclinometer. The inclinometer would be hard to use in our area for navigation since topo maps are nearly flat but maybe this gives us a reason to take a trip to the hill country for a quick lesson. I will need to take a crash refresher course in compass navigation since I haven't been allowed to fly in nearly 20 years. We haven't done any hardcore off the grid camping since we have been together, so the lack of using my navigation skills has caused them to decline. Since I used these skills nearly every day from the age of 19 to 25 I'm sure it would come back very quickly. I think it would be fun to teach her to navigate in the wild and you never know when she may need it.


 

©JW Purdy All rights reserved

 

There is commentary as well as the images and BTS videos that didn't make today's cut available. Reach out to me for details.

Comments

Popular Posts