My Second Nude Year Day 164

Day 164
Shannon got her nails done this morning and we wanted to show them off. We chose to dive into a color matching and bodyscape style photo. I placed a flash about six feet away from Shannon with a shoot-thru umbrella attached. I dialed the flash power back to 1/4 of full power so I could open the lens shutter very wide. A wide shutter opening gives a very narrow focus plain. I set up above her at the max lens length of 70mm with an f-4 setting. The focus plain is only a few inches, which gives the image a soft feel. This leads your eye right to Shannon's red nails and lipstick. I think the photo turned out well but I wish we had shot in the foyer to get that nice warm, nearly brown colorcast. 


 

©JW Purdy All rights reserved

 

There is commentary as well as the images and BTS videos that didn't make today's cut available. Reach out to me for details.



Comments

Popular Posts