My Second Nude Year Day 33

 Day 33

As some of you may recall, one of Shannon's favorite things in photography is painting with light. I enjoy it as well but wanted to work with double exposure, which is very similar. For any of you that have worked with film, you know that it is possible to expose the same piece of film more than once. When done correctly this can give you some unexpected but great results. I had a result in mind but knew it would take some experimentation to get the lighting just right. I started by opening the shutter and having my off-camera flash to fire. Then, with the shutter still open, I had Shannon quickly move closer to the camera, repose, and hit her with the flash again. The second exposure came out too bright and nearly enveloped the first pose. I decided to used a reflector to bounce the light off of and into Shannon's body. It was a fun experiment and something new to work with.



©JW Purdy All rights reserved

 

There is commentary as well as the images and BTS videos that didn't make today's cut available. Reach out to me for details.

Comments

Popular Posts