My Second Nude Year Day 2

 Day 2
I was scheduled to complete a work assignment yesterday afternoon but it was raining cats and dogs so I postponed it until today. Shannon and I had to drive just over an hour Southwest to reach our destination. Once we arrived at the location and completed one task we needed to drive another hour and forty-seven minutes to take photos for the second part of the job. Our GPS took us down the wrong Country Road and we had to double back to avoid getting stuck in a muddy field. So instead of the second part taking 1:47, it took well over two hours. By the time we took our last photo, the sun had all but set and the photo is very dark.

During our journey to the middle of nowhere and beyond, we found several old dirt roads that showed a lot of promise. We had just turned off of one dirt road onto another and found ourselves nearing the freeway again. We did not want to miss the opportunity and stopped to take a couple of photos. Shannon undressed in the car and once I had got my camera set for the lighting we started working. We had not seen any cars around for a long time. Based on the fact that there were very few houses nearby we assumed we were safe. After a few shots, we were both surprised as a strangely quiet diesel F-350 dually that passed near our location and surely saw us working. The truck couldn’t have been more than 100 yards away from us. We didn’t hang around to see what would happen and got back to finishing the work we had set out for. It never fails that we try to shoot in public and get caught. Maybe one day we will learn our lesson.

On a sad note, it looks as if my workhorse may be on its last leg. My Canon 1D Mark II started acting very strange. When I push the shutter release the mirror will actuate up and then freeze as if the battery is dead. I remove the battery and reinstall it and then the shutter will fully release and capture the frame. I hope it is only a battery going bad but it may be the shutter is finally giving out. The camera was made in 2006 and has been one of the best investments I ever made. I truly love the feel of a big body camera and will hate to see it go. If it does die I will have to start using my phone for a while until I can find a new camera to work with. The new project must go on. Maybe I can find Canon 1Ds Mark III. I have always wanted one and it would be great to have a full-frame camera. Until tomorrow



©JW Purdy All rights reserved

There is commentary as well as the images and BTS videos that didn't make today's cut available. Reach out to me for details.

Comments

Popular Posts