My Second Nude Year Day 29

 Day 29

Tonight I was struck by the idea of, "The light that guides my way". I have no idea where the idea came from but I knew it would be hard to pull off. My camera showed its age tonight. The lighting was low to try and get the effect I wanted which meant I had to push the sensitivity of the digital sensor higher than I normally do. This causes the effect of noise in the photo. You can see that it looks like little grains of sand are all over the image. This is digital noise created by pushing the camera to light sensitivity levels it is not capable of handling well. The funny thing is I was only pushing it to a setting of 640. A modern camera within the same body line as mine can push that same level to 51,200. I guess that means you can shoot a great photo in a dark closet with just a little light coming in from under the door. 

I was hoping that the candle lights in the antique candlestick next to Shannon would be move visible but it didn't work out. I would have needed to use some artificial lights with a higher intensity but I didn't have any on hand. I do like the feel of the photo and Shannon nailed the pose perfectly. She was tired and longing for bed and was able to transfer that longing to the candlestick on her right. I was speaking about my mentor today and this photo technically lives up to his criteria but is a little strong on the middle grays so I don't know how much he would care for it. Maybe soon I will get to catch up with him and ask his opinion. I think I just found a good reason to catch lunch with him.


©JW Purdy All rights reserved

 

There is commentary as well as the images and BTS videos that didn't make today's cut available. Reach out to me for details.


Comments

Popular Posts