My Second Nude Year Day 31

 Day 31

I have to say that I'm disappointed with today's photos. Well, it was not the photos but the performance of my camera. The mysterious white line showed up again today. Shannon and I had to drive 90 miles to finish up a little work so we would be ready to start the week off right and took the opportunity to get a few shots in. We found a bridge way off the beaten path and used it for today's scene. The photos were all working so well. I was super excited to get back and take a look at the results. After putting the files on the computer you can only imagine my disappointment when the crazy white line showed back up and worse than before. I edited a few of the photos and two stood out to me. The first one looked to me like a photo straight out of Factice but maybe I'm overconfident in my abilities. The second featured our crazy white line, which I now know is a mirror bounce. I decided to go with the crazy mirror bounce photo since I felt it gave a really edgy feel to the photo. I strongly urge you to look at the photos that didn't make the cut though. There are some very nice shots that didn't make the cut. I really like the landscape photo of Shannon leaning against the bridge looking into the camera. 

I have completed an internet search regarding the bright white line in the photos. It turns out that it is caused by light bouncing off of the mirror. This is due to shooting at high shutter speeds and is a sign that our worst fears have come true. The shutter will soon give out on the Canon. I can't complain, it has been a wonderful camera for more than a decade now. I have shot a few hundred thousand photos with it in that time. It has nearly become a part of our family. It is time to start working on getting another Canon and I think a 1DX Mark II will make a nice replacement. I have found several used models online and they appear to be a very nice reliable camera.


©JW Purdy All rights reserved

 

There is commentary as well as the images and BTS videos that didn't make today's cut available. Reach out to me for details.

Comments

Popular Posts