My Second Nude Year Day 8

 Day 8

Okay so in some things I am a very easy going guy and very relaxed no matter what. In other aspects, I am not so relaxed. Tonight we had a concept in mind and everything seemed to go wrong. We got all set up with our backdrop, lighting, and pose. Then as we started to shoot to dial in our settings and found that the flash trigger would not fire the flash consistently. After a while of testing, it quit completely. Without an off-camera flash, our idea did not have a chance of working. I switched to another flash and found that the transmitter was the problem. I switched this flash on to slave mode, which means it will fire once another flash goes off, but it wouldn’t work either. It seemed like no matter what we did we found a problem.

We went back to our concept file and choose a different image to work on. I was very aggravated and once I imported the images to my computer it was evident. The second backup concept was a waste of time. My emotions were running too high and I had botched the photos. I did notice that one of the first images we shot during our settings phase had many of the aspects I was originally looking for. I played with the photo in post-processing and came up with something that mirrored what I was looking for. Some days it's not a picnic but we just keep going.


©JW Purdy All rights reserved

 

There is commentary as well as the images and BTS videos that didn't make today's cut available. Reach out to me for details.

Comments

Popular Posts