My Second Nude Year Day 14

 Day 14

Tonight I wanted to change up the scenery a little. We have been concentrated in the living room with and without a backdrop. Tonight we moved back to our old homestead of the foyer. Most of you that followed our last 365, the "My Nude Year" project, back in 2015 are very familiar with our foyer. We spent many nights in this small cozy area of our house. Once you spend a lot of time shooting in one area you really learn how the light will act. We had our lighting set up on about 1/2 of a second and it was perfect. After taking a few photos we couldn't help but feel they were missing something. Shannon ran off and returned with a large box fan. We set the fan on a stool and the shoot was off and running. 

I was able to capture some great images. One, photo 14-2, is what we call SOC. That stands for Straight Out of the Camera. I did not edit this photo at all. At first, this was my favorite photo but much of that was due to it being SOC. After objectively looking at all the photos we decided another was stronger. All of the images need very little in the way of editing tonight. I tend to feel very pleased when there is almost no need to edit a photo. I guess that goes back to the fact that I learned to shoot on film and what you shot was all you had to work with. 

We will soon be embarking on another side project. This project will be a spin-off of the "Dirty Blonde" series and I'm thinking I will call it the "Dirtier Blonde" series. These sets will be special and require something other than the standard subscription. We will be paying other models to work with Shannon and therefore the costs to us are much higher. If any of you have any ideas on this we would love for you would reach out to us. Hope you like tonight's set.


©JW Purdy All rights reserved

 

There is commentary as well as the images and BTS videos that didn't make today's cut available. Reach out to me for details.


Comments

Popular Posts