My Second Nude Year Day 7

 Day 7

So tonight I had a concept I wanted to try in mind and as we worked we tried a few various poses that changed that idea. As we worked I thought about how beautiful the view I was seeing would look like a painting. Once this thought crossed my mind I shifted my focus to the nearest object, the floor just in front of me, and pushed the shutter release. The image was too out of focus and did not convey the feeling I was looking for. I shifted the focus to an object a little closer to Shannon, the living room rug, and got exactly the image I wanted.

One of my favorite aspects of these 365 journeys is the ability to play and discover. I try to go into each shoot with an idea and love it when I am surprised by the outcome. As we stated during our last project we are a couple in love and sometimes even lust. So occasionally that comes through in our work. We don’t apologize for this and just embrace it. This dynamic fuels the feeling of our work as we go through the year. This is another way that having a concept at the start of a shoot can change the final image we post. I’m sure all of you have looked at your partner and been nearly overcome by desire from time to time. Now image taking a nude photo every day for a year of that person. Can you fathom how many times you see the person you are head over heels for move in “just that way” and then have to reel those feelings in long enough to capture a photo? Of course, it boils over into the work.

On occasion, this has lead to extended shoots in which we push the limits most people are comfortable with. This was how our “Dirty Blonde” project got started. It is us exploring a different side of expression in our work. In all of our work, we attempt to capture ourselves in an image, the real us. We do the same in the “Dirty Blonde” project but with different desires in mind. Much of this work is not suitable for the typical viewer and most of it goes unseen. We have recently found that many people desire to see this side of our project, or side project, and have decided to release this content on another site.

Going forward we will be releasing our nightly work including the images that didn’t make our cut on our new site. On the nights in which we push further and off into the “Dirty Blonde” project, we will post those images there so we don’t offend the part of our audience that wishes not to see us in that way. Just see below. Yes, there is a subscription that must be paid but we have determined this was the best option for us at this point. Thanks for your continued support.


©JW Purdy All rights reserved

 

There is commentary as well as the images and BTS videos that didn't make today's cut available. Reach out to me for details.


Comments

Popular Posts