My Second Nude Year Day 4

 Day 4
Today after I got home from an appointment I had Shannon take a few headshot photos for me. I realized yesterday that I had not updated my photo since 2014. I think it’s funny that most of us that sit behind the camera dislike sitting in front of it. I also find it difficult to set up lighting for photos of me. Shannon of course did a great job and took a good photo. I may want to change the background and try again after my next appointment. That way I can capitalize on the way I dress for work.

I had a good idea of the image I wanted to capture today. The lighting set up was a simple one light set with a fairly loose grid to restrict the light. I love the abstract and will default to it when can. We tried a few poses but this was one that I had in my mind's eye when we started setting up for the shot. This image once completed reminded me of Gulliver's travels. A sleeping giant, vulnerable to the little people just waiting for the opportune time to bind her. The softness of the photo reminds me of something taken with an old film camera like my Ansco B2. Over dinner, Shannon and I discussed the possibility of shooting with the old Ansco B2 sometime during the project. It will have to be over a weekend since I will have to shoot and process the film in a day. We will see if I can pull it off one day.

©JW Purdy All rights reserved

 

There is commentary as well as the images and BTS videos that didn't make today's cut available. Reach out to me for details.

Comments

Popular Posts