My Second Nude Year Day 26

 Day 26

More than words can say is the only way to describe how excited we are to have the Canon back. The new actual Canon brand battery arrived today. It took some searching to find one but it has paid off. Canon hasn't produced the battery in a few years so I was worried that it might not work after having sat on a shelf for a couple of years. After it arrived I plugged it in and it took several hours to charge, which is a good sign. I waited to try it out until we were ready to shoot a photo. I didn't want to be disappointed all night if it didn't work. I loaded it in the camera and presto, everything worked like a charm. This experience has opened my eyes that it is time to upgrade my equipment. At best, my camera only has a few more years of life left. I need to get moving on some new gear before I have no choice. 

Having the Canon back we took the opportunity to pull out a flash and set up with some off camera flash. I didn't bother setting up a backdrop since I didn't know if the battery would work or not. You can see a slight haze in the background if you look really hard. I love this kind of photo. My mentor started my studio work with this kind of photo and it is one of my favorite setups for shooting. It is funny that my first studio shoot was also Shannon's first real model shoot. We had worked together once when a model we had hired decided it was too cold to shoot and Shannon put on a brave face and climbed the side of a mountain so I could stumble through my third photo shoot ever. Since that cold March day in New Mexico in 2008 we have had so many fun adventures and I wouldn't change one day of it.

©JW Purdy All rights reserved

 

There is commentary as well as the images and BTS videos that didn't make today's cut available. Reach out to me for details.


Comments

Popular Posts